Assistant Homebuyer Program Manager
$34,000.00 – $35,000.00
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville is looking for an experienced Assistant Homebuyer Program Manager to primarily be responsible for recruiting and working with families for our homeownership program.
As the Program Manager you will be responsible for:
• Building and maintaining a database of interested homebuyers throughout the year.
• Expanding homeownership opportunities for low to moderate income and under-served families
• Performing underwriting, loan origination, and closing procedures for Habitat mortgage loans.
• Assisting with homebuyer budget education and financial monitoring through the duration of the program.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit/human services industry and/or housing industry/mortgage lending preferred.
• Some knowledge of mortgage banking and regulations (Habitat will provide additional training).
• Completion of HFHI Loan Originator Compliance Training will be required within 45 days of hire.
• Commitment to Louisville Habitat’s mission.
• Understanding of affordable housing issues.
• Must be a self-starter and self-motivator.
• Maintain and update Calyx Point database for all applicants to facilitate review of applications.
• Manage production pipeline to ensure timely flow through the loan process.
• Prepare a biography for each approved partner family.
• Monitor individual homebuyer progress towards debt repayment and closing cost goals.
• Teach a series of four required budget classes to new homebuyers.
• Routinely perform standardized income calculations, credit report review, action plan development, and other key counseling activities for customers.
• Provide culturally sensitive services such as interpretation to potential applicants and homeowners.
• Perform regular file audits to ensure compliance with National Industry Standards and other funders and partners.
• Maintain certification as a loan originator through HFHI online training classes and relevant state level education.
• Ensure that all relevant staff and/or volunteers complete necessary training to be qualified loan originators and maintain records of certifications.
• Serve as primary mortgage loan originator for the organization.
• Provide staff support for the HFHML Homebuyer Selection Committee. Ensure that the committee follows organizational procedures and maintains all regulatory requirements.
• Request house appraisal
• Prepare closing files and disclosures in loan origination software.
• Ensure income, rental, and credit checks or verifications are performed prior to closing.
• Assist homebuyers with selection, approval, and purchase of homeowners’ insurance.
• Coordinate all the steps of the loan closing, arriving at detailed and accurate financial numbers for homebuyer, and prepare documents.
• Prepare and lead “Closing Interview” as needed.
• Originate mortgages and work with settlement attorneys to originate mortgages for HFHML homebuyers.
• Perform quality review of the file to ensure accuracy and generate error free loan documents to submit to settlement attorney.
• Adhere and comply with HFHI Mortgage Origination Checklist to guarantee compliance with legal requirements of each mortgage loan and to ensure loans comply with Fair Housing laws and are free of predatory lending practices.
• Provide support to new homebuyers throughout the closing process.
• Represent HFHML at closings to answer questions about closing documents.
• Ensure all documents are properly recorded and delivered pre and post-closing.
• Ability to relate and work effectively with homebuyers, volunteers, board members, and committees of different races, faiths, and economic status.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Communicate well both orally and in writing.
• Ability to plan, organize, and execute projects.
• Strong ability to prioritize and work independently.
• Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.